Check the Subject Guide and with your teacher for official information about Paper 2.
Paper 2 is an External Assessment. External assessments are marked by the IB. The teacher is not involved in the marking of external assessments.
Paper 2 is almost exactly the same for SL and HL. The only difference is the weighting. In the SL course the weighting for Paper 2 is 35%. In the HL course it is 25%
- 1 hour 45 min
- SL: 35% weighting
- HL: 25% weighting
- Paper 2 has four general questions.
- Students choose one question and write a comparative essay.
- The essay must refer to two literary works that the student has studied.
- The student cannot write about a literary work that he / she has already used for the Individual Oral or the HL essay.
- Students cannot bring their works into the exam.