Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Text: Cover of an issue of the magazine Brides.
Some elements of this text to consider:
- The use of text in a large font and often in all capitals (everything except for some parts of the bottom of the text are in all caps). This is common for a attention-grabbing magazine cover.
- The dark masthead (“Brides”) located over the lighter colored hat which makes the name of the magazine stand out.
- The cover lines are oriented vertically on either side of the image of the model.
- The profile shot accentuates the cover model’s thin waist
- The main cover line on the lower right “Let’s Go…” is placed far away from other text on the cover so that it sticks out.