Text: Co-operative Cruises. Cruise Collection.
Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments: the individual oral, the HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly. (This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2).
Some elements of the text to consider:
- The use of bright saturated colors in the image
- The composition -the person relaxing the left of the foreground with the cruise ship slightly out of focus in the background on the right
- The use of the numbered list with each one starting with a verb.
- The additional information located in the “coupon” on the left of the ad
- The fact that the “Term and conditions” are listed in a small, difficult to read size.
- The band of text at the bottom the ad that highlights the how using Co-operative Cruises can save readers time.