Text: “The contribution of non-profit institutions in New Zealand.” Stats NZ. www.stats.gov.nz.
Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Some elements of this text to consider:
- Information about Stats NZ: “Stats NZ Tatauranga Aotearoa is New Zealand’s official data agency. We collect information from people and organizations through censuses and surveys. We use this information to publish insights and data about New Zealand, and support others to use the data.” https://www.stats.govt.nz/about-us/
- This infographic (and others in the series) provide some basic information but people doing serious research would rely on the actual data, not infographics based on the data.
- Consider what type of people would use this infographic for more basic information about New Zealand.
- What objectives does the NZ government have in producing this type of infographic?
- The color scheme and the choice of visuals in the background also conveys information about New Zealand. What impression does the NZ government want to give the audience through the choices it has made in the background?