Text: Part 1 of “How to Fix a Flat.” http://https-//i.pinimg.com/originals/a0/bf/6e/a0bf6e54cc79b922ffbe4a56bd30ee8f.png
Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Some elements of this text to consider:
- How this text differs in tone from many other sets of instructions
- The encouraging “You can do it!” near the top of the text.
- The use of the dog and the cartoon-style structure and illustrations
- The use of the second person (“you” and “your”)
- How the audience for this set of instructions for fixing a flat might differ from a more traditionally written / drawn set of instructions for fixing a flat