Text: NVIDIA G-Sync Board
Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments ( Paper 1, the individual oral, the HL essay,) and analyze it accordingly. This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2.
Paper 1: first take a careful look at criteria A and B . Then, consider how you would approach this particular text in light of the requirements of criteria A and B.
Individual oral: Start by looking at criteria A and B for the IO. There are some similarities between the criteria in the individual oral and those in Paper 1. However, the individual oral also requires students to make connections between extracts from a work and body of work. The individual oral must make connections with the global issue that the student has chosen. Consider how this text is linked to different global issues.
HL essay: The HL essay is an in-depth analysis of a non-literary body of work or a literary work the student has studied in class. Imagine this text is from a non-literary body of work and consider possible approaches you could take with the 1200-1500 word HL essay. This could include evaluating connections between this text and the seven central concepts in DP Language A Language and Literature.
Some elements of this text to consider:
- Although there isn’t that much to discuss with this text it is good practice to have a look at texts like this. Once in a while a fairly “sparse” text like this shows up on Paper 1.
- FYI the NVIDIA G-Sync board is used in displays (e.g. computer monitors) that improves performance.
- The intended audience is presumably the end user who will install it in their hardware.
- The image in shown in full color which helps the audience recognize the different parts which aids in installation.
- The image does not have labels for all parts of the diagram – only the parts necessary for installation are labelled
- The simple white background eliminates any unnecessary distraction.