Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Text: Isuzu D-MAX. Isuzu.co.uk
Some elements of this text to consider:
- Alliteration is used in the first three words. The fourth word breaks the pattern which make it stand out even more. The idea that this truck is “winner” is shown in the bottom part of the ad
- The use of bold thick sans-serif fonts which given a somewhat heavy / sturdy impression that aligns with the image of the truck.
- The camera height is fairly low which gives the truck an impression of power.
- The diagonal orientation not only shows the front and side of the truck, it also gives a feeling of movement and action.
- Very few truck owners will ever drive over a river bed and yet so many truck ads use this type of image.
- The impact of the ad may be somewhat weakened by the lack of fully convincing visual design – it seems that the truck has been “photoshoppped” into the natural setting and it was not shot on location.