Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Text: Woordward, Daisy. “How the Queen became a style icon.” BBC. https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20220530-how-the-queen-became-a-style-icon
Some elements of this text to consider:
- This is a fairly in-depth article that was likely published at a time to coincide with the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- Given that the BBC is the UK’s public broadcast and the timing of the article, it is not surprising this that article is fully praiseworthy of the queen and avoids any negativity or criticism.
- The text is organized in chronological order and as expected given the topic there are a large number of images that are commented on in the body of the text.
- The language of the text is fairly sophisticated and is more challenging to read than an average BBC news article.
- What text type is this text?