Before you read the “spoilers” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are analyzing for your Individual oral, HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly.
Some elements of the text to consider:
- The use of font, particularly the larger font under the photos. How does the choice in font for “Hollywood” and “Casino” match the business being advertised?
- The use of strong language near the top of the text (e.g. “hottest,” “world-class”) and the intended effect on the reader
- Location information provided.
- The photos in the middle of the text. What type of people are in the ads? How are they being portrayed?
- The use of red and silver-gold colors.
- Social media links on the bottom right.
- The last two lines of text at the bottom of the ad.