Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Text: BBC Travel. “Japan’s beloved slow-motion train” https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20230104-japans-beloved-slow-motion-train
Some elements of this text to consider:
- The article is too long for a paper 1 but the IB frequently adapts longer texts for paper 1.
- What type of potential traveller is this text aimed at?
- What kinds of details and information does this text provide?
- What kinds of details and information does this text not provide?
- What are specific words and passengers have the strongest impact on the reader?