Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Text: Gentile, Petrina. The Globe and Mail. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/drive/reviews/article-toyota-is-late-to-the-all-electric-game-but-the-bz4x-was-worth-the/
Some elements of this text to consider:
- FYI The Globe and Mail is a Canadian newspaper
- The review is fairly lengthy – too long for a Paper 1 but the IB quite frequently takes longer texts and adapted them for Paper 1 use.
- The review includes some details for a Canadian audience – federal EV incentives, availability in Canada, etc.
- The review takes a bit of time getting to the actual “review” part of the text. The first three paragraphs are not specifically about he car being reviewed.
- This car review, like most others, compares the car being reviewed to other ones in the same class / price range.
- Near the end of the text is an interesting bit of information: “The writer was a guest of the auto maker. Content was not subject to approval.“