Text: Young Romance.
Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Some elements of this text to consider:
- FYI this comic series was published between 1947 and 1975.
- The use of pink in the title, the use of “girl” twice at the top of the comic and the woman in the foreground seems to indicate that this issue (or perhaps the whole series) is aimed at more of a female audience.
- Consider the ways in which the woman’s dilemma is shown through her facial features and her positioning of her left arm and hand.
- The two men in the background represent the “clean-cut good right” on the right and the “bad boy” on the left. The differences in clothing are revealing as is the motorcycle.
- The speech bubble highlights the conflict between the three individuals.