Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Text: Ryan Hudson. “Where Babies Come From.” https://www.channelate.com/
Some elements of this text to consider:
- The somewhat unusual structure of this cartoon – two panels on the top row and one on the bottom.
- The simplistic and somewhat unrealistic style of the art which adds to the humor.
- The cartoon assumes the reader knows the story of the stork and the baby.
- How does the art work work with the language to create humor?
- What effect do the boy’s and father’s facial features have on the audience?