Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Text: Morlidge, Matt. “British GP on Sky Sports: Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton’s renewed hope but can anyone stop Max Verstappen?.” Sky Sports. https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12522/12639712/british-gp-on-sky-sports-mercedes-and-lewis-hamiltons-renewed-hope-but-can-anyone-stop-max-verstappen
Some elements of this text to consider:
- Sky Sports is a British media outlet and this article was published before the upcoming British F1 race at Silverstone.
- The sectoin of text right after the video (starting with “Formula 1 is coming home this weekend…”) contains a number of words (famous, spectacle, bumper crowd) that highlight the “must-watch” event.
- The text contains a fair amount of details about the F1 season so far and a casual F1 fan will be caught up by reading it.
- Since Sky Sports broadcasts the F1 race the company has a vested interested in building up anticipation for the race to increase viewership
- The text ends with a complete broadcast schedule as Sky Sports broadcasts not only the race but numerous other related programs during the race weekend.