Text: Physical Activity Recommendations for Kids. American Heart Association.
Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Some elements of this text to consider:
- This text could be categorized as an infographic or a poster.
- Headings in a large red italic font are used to highlight the different major sections of the text.
- Five different symbols are used to indicate the major sections of the text.
- The text gives specific suggestions (e.g. “3 hours per day”) that parents can use to help their children be more active.
- The photo at the bottom at the text shows a group of active smiling children. This helps the viewer imagine the outcome of following the physical activity recommendations.