Text: Letter from Ambassador of Latvia March 1, 2013. Stiprais, Eduards.
Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Some elements of this text to consider:
- It is clear that this letter was written in response to a letter of complaint previous sent to the embassy.
- The short first paragraph is typical of many letters where it briefly sets out the context or content of the letter (depending on the situation)
- The second paragraph is fairly broad and does not address specifics of the previous complaint letter. The third paragraph is more specific and the fourth paragraph addresses an even earlier letter written by the ambassador.
- Consider the ways in which the ambassador disagrees with the previous letter and the language that is used to do this.
- Ambassadors represent their country and as a result their letters represent the views of their country first and foremost.