Text: Army of Darkness movie poster
Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments: the individual oral, the HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly. (This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2).
Some elements of the text to consider:
- How this movie poster has / does not have typical characteristics of movie poster (e.g. “From the director of…” at the top of the poster
- How it does not use actual images from the movie but is in the style of a painting
- The striking central image – looking up at the protagonist from a low-angle highlighting strength / power
- The fairly submissive depiction of the woman on the right side
- The title of the movie – a large pointed font which alludes to danger