Text: “Prevent slips, trips and falls.” Alsco first aid. https-//alscofirstaid.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/AU-Alsco-Workplace-Safety-Posters-A4-Slips-Trips-Falls
Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Some elements of this text to consider:
- FYI Alsco sells safety materials, uniforms, etc to businesses
- the colors of government warning signs differs from country to country but private business are not always bound to follow the government depending on the situations.
- The color usage (strictly yellow and black) is common for this kind of a warning sign / poster. (Red might be used to warn of something more dangerous than slips etc).
- This sign / poster is not directed at retail customers – it is mean for business customers of Alsco
- The simplified image of the person clearly and simply identifies the danger.
- Each bullet point starts with a verb and provides ideas for how businesses and employees can improve safety.
- Overall the information is structured in a simple vertical column.