The text is quite long – too long for a Paper 1. However, the IB has in the past taken excerpts of longer texts and used them in a Paper 1.
Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments: the individual oral, the HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly. (This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2).
Some elements of the text to consider:
- The use of image / video at the top of the text
- The purpose of this particular manifesto
- The broad range of this manifesto
- The use of bold, italics, colored text, and larger fonts throughout the text
- The persuasive element of this manifesto