Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments: the individual oral, the HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly. (This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2).
Some elements of the text to consider:
- The dirty / grimy public telephone
- The replacement of the buttons with fingers (and not just normal fingers but disgusting ones)
- The narrow depth of field which blurs the background and keeps the focus on the fingers and the rest of the public telephone
- The text on the bottom right – “What [do] you really touch?” – which implies that public telephones (and presumably public areas in general) are extremely disgusting
- The intended effect of the exaggeration on the viewer