Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for one of your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments: the individual oral, the HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly. (This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2).
Some elements of the text to consider:
- The fact that this is a cartoon about cartoons – a neutral / informative text about editorial cartoons which are based on opinion
- The use of panels and the blue background in the panels
- The autobiographical elements of this cartoon
- The basic amount of information about editorial cartoons that is presented
- The style and content of the visuals
- The simplicity of the language