Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments: the individual oral, the HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly. (This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2).
Some elements of the text to consider:
- The use of color throughout the ad and it link to the flag colors.
- The audience obviously consists of F1 fans. Consider whether or not is focused primarily on British F1 fans or F1 fans in general who are intersted in the British F1 race.
- The predominance of the color blue and its link to the sponsor.
- The use of red
- Information about the sponsor placed in different areas of the text.
- How the use of language / information differs in different parts of the text. Some parts are strictly information while others do contain more expressive language.
- The information on the text itself denoting names of corners as well as technical inform,tion such as gear, speed, etc.
- The use of an expert in the text.