Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments: the individual oral, the HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly. (This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2).
Some elements of the text to consider:
- Parody? Spoof? Satire? Pastiche? Which one is this?
- This audience for this type of comedy with this topic (some people would not appreciate the way parenting / babies are depicted)
- The use of red to indicate improper ways of taking care of a baby
- The artistic style and how it compares / contrasts with a typical instructional infographic
- The use of labels for each box
- The use of repetition