Article: Science Proves You Can’t Hold Your Baby Too Much
Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments: the individual oral, the HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly. (This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2).
Some elements of the text to consider:
- The fairly limited audience – the website alone (www.parents.com) make this clear
- The use of the first and second person (e.g “your,” “us,” “me”)
- Links in the article including one that links to the actual scientific study
- The embedded video and image (the video contains the key points in the written article)
- How the author refers to the scientific study but also incorporates her own parenting experience into the article