Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments: the individual oral, the HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly. (This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2).
Some elements of the text to consider:
- The link between the use of color (e.g. red) and the kind of event being advertised
- How the top half of the image of the protest is blurred so that it does not detract from the important information in the top half of the poster
- The font in the top half of the text and the rationale for choosing that kind of font for this kind of event
- The strong language (e.g. “onslaught,” “massacre”)
- The list of groups near the bottom of the text
- The contact information at the bottom of the text