Text: Media studies, pg 3. 2010
Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments: the individual oral, the HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly. (This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2).
Some elements of the text to consider:
- The audience – what level of student is this aimed at? The question, “Who or What is a Journalist?” at the top of the page and the language used should help you narrow the range down significantly.
- The structure of the top of the page – rectangular boxes are used to separate different elements of the page
- The use of key questions near the top of the page.
- The level of difficulty of the language used.
- The use of the first person (e.g. “us”).
- The fairly length paragraphs.
- The photograph depicting a fairly confrontational scene.