Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments: the individual oral, the HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly. (This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2).
Some elements of the text to consider:
- The lack of unnecessary detail in the diagram
- The use of color to indicate key parts of the watch for this page of the instruction manual
- The top-down view of the watch face
- The removal of the watch band done to simplify to diagram
- The minimal amount of language used
- The tone of the language