Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Text: Jaws. Universal Pictures. 1975.
Some elements of this text to consider:
- The use of red in the title to ad a hint of blood to the poster.
- The decision to use a female swimmer as the victim.
- The exaggerated size of the shark .
- The unrealistic angle of the shark attack (directly from below) chosen specifically to show the shark’s teeth.
- The quick-changing gradient in the water from light to very dark blue. The dark blue water at the bottom contributed to “terrifying” elements of the scene.