Text: “The Regina Manifesto (1933) Co-operative Commonwealth Federation Programme.” www.socialisthistory.ca/Docs/CCF/ReginaManifesto.htm
Before analyzing the text make sure to have a look at the following page for a better understanding of how to use the text to help you with your assessments: https://language-literature.com/sample-text-analysis-blog-posts/
Some elements of this text to consider:
- FYI the whole text is far too long for an actual paper 1 but the IB often uses excerpts from longer texts on exams.
- The socialist vs. capitalist points of view
- The objectives laid out in the short first paragraph
- The description of “the present capitalist system” in the second paragraph and the use of very strong use of language (e.g. “inherent injustice and inhumanity,” “chaotic waste and instability”)
- The use of numbered headings to organize the text.