Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments: the individual oral, the HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly. (This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2).
Some elements of the text to consider:
- The images on the top and bottom of the text
- The year the letter was sent
- The formatting of the letter and the extent to which it conforms to the characteristics of a business letter
- How the letter responds to the idea of a woman working in the Inking and Painting department
- How the letter dissuades the applicant from coming to Hollywood to pursue a career.