Before you read the “spoiler” bullet points below take a careful look at the text. Imagine it is a text you are using for your DP Language A Language and Literature assessments: the individual oral, the HL essay, or Paper 1 and analyze it accordingly. (This text would not be appropriate for Paper 2).
Some elements of the text to consider:
- The purpose of a magazine cover and the different ways in which magazines are purchased (subscription vs. impulse buying in the supermarket line for example)
- How the text uses the first and second person (e.g “We,” “You”) to connect with the audience
- The text size and use of capitalization
- The use of white and its connection to brides / weddings
- The use of color in “28” and the similar color of some of the flowers
- The use of a celebrity on the cover and how she (Ali Landry) is dressed and posed